[Samba] AD Joining Failed in middle

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 5 03:33:12 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-11-04 at 12:49 +0000, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 04/11/2020 12:41, Biswajit Banerjee via samba wrote:
> > Thanks Rowland for the Reply

> > > In which case, it should work, so what OS are you using ?
> > Centos 8
> > > Are you using OS samba packages or have you compiled Samba
> > > yourself ?
> > Complied
> In which case, how, are you using the system kerberos (MIT) or
> Heimdal
> that comes bundled with Samba ?

It won't be any of that (mit/heimdal, self-compiled or packaged) - none
of that code or the things that changes is really involved at this
point.  This is all in the dsdb and ldb stack.

Samba self-cleans before each join so this won't be an issue.

Perhaps there are a lot of links, or a massive number of other objects,
if there are only 5000 accounts, this is normally handled in seconds.

In short, this isn't normal and if critical then I suggest profiling it
with a flame graph:
http://www.brendangregg.com/FlameGraphs/cpuflamegraphs.html

Andrew Bartlett

--