[Samba] Get last uidNumber

Tue Nov 3 18:46:32 UTC 2020

Am 03.11.20 um 17:46 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 03/11/2020 16:24, basti via samba wrote:
>> Hello,
>> is there a way to get the last uidNumber from ldap.
>>
>> I can do a ldapsearch like:
>>
>> ldapsearch -h samdom.example.com -D "administrator at samdom.example.com"
>> -w "changeit"  -b "DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com" -x -LLL
>> "(uidNumber=*)" uidNumber | grep -Po "(?<=uidNumber: )([0-9]{4})" |
>> sort | tail -n1
>>
>> But there is no guarantee that the last returned numer is the last
>> uidNumber in LDAP.
>>
>> Is there a limit set by samba how many lines are returned by a query?
>> Is there a attribute where the last number is stored?
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
> OK, I never told told you this, so keep it to your self 😂
>
> How do you think the Unix attributes tabs worked in ADUC ?
>
> You had to to install IDMU with ADUC which installed an ldif that Samba
> calls ypServ30.ldif. Amongst the objects that are installed in AD is one
> with the DN:
>
> CN=<workgroup>,CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=X
>
> Where <workgroup> is your Netbios domain name (aka workgroup) and DC=X
> is the ldap default naming context e.g. DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
>
> Now what isn't there are the two attributes you need to store the next
> uidNumber & gidNumber:
>
> msSFU30MaxUidNumber
> msSFU30MaxGidNumber
>
> Just store the last *idNumber + 1 in each and then write a script around
> 'samba-tool user add' which obtains the required ID number, uses this
> and then updates it upon successful user creation.
>
> Rowland

IDMU seems not in server 2012R2.
the ypServ30 LDAP tree exists.

I have no idea in which attribute i should store my UID.

3364
CN=msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: attributeSchema
cn: msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20170217130152.0Z
whenChanged: 20170217130152.0Z
uSNCreated: 808
attributeID: 1.2.840.113556.1.6.18.1.343
attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.9
isSingleValued: TRUE
uSNChanged: 808
showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE
adminDisplayName: msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number
adminDescription: msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number
oMSyntax: 2
searchFlags: 1
lDAPDisplayName: msSFU30MaxUidNumber
name: msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number
objectGUID:: 13njAfdDGU25KDiuNCVkCg==
schemaIDGUID:: N4SZ7ETZKEqFACF1iK38dQ==
systemOnly: FALSE
objectCategory:
CN=Attribute-Schema,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
distinguishedName:
CN=msSFU-30-Max-Uid-Number,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com