[Samba] Group with RWX acl cannot delete as file/dir owned by user with RWX

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 3 17:05:22 UTC 2020

On 03/11/2020 16:56, G33k pHr33k wrote:
> I have read through that and that's where I'm at now.  I cannot
> understand why I have permissions fighting and the group permissions
> are being trumped by the owner.

If you have read and followed that wikipage, why doesn't getfacl return
something like this:

getfacl /srv/samba/Demo/
# file: srv/samba/Demo/
# owner: root
# group: BUILTIN\\administrators
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::rwx
group:BUILTIN\\administrators:rwx
group:domain\040users:r-x
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:BUILTIN\\administrators:r-x
default:group:domain\040users:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

If, after setting the permissions from Windows, is there a '+' sign
after the Unix permissions when 'ls -la' is run, e.g. drwxrwx---+ ?

Also, is this on the 'BorgRecovery' share, this share is read only

Rowland