[Samba] VPN

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 2 07:59:15 UTC 2020

This depends on, do you have enough bandwith.
How GPO's are used, so make a plan before you deploy.

> Use a second domain controller
Possible, if you have the hardware, and the bandwith.

> Vpn to first domain controller. (Using an Mikrotik router).
Also possible..

> And how can you configure windows to use the vpn at startup?
Yes, you can, see:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-access/vpn/always-on-vpn/deploy/always-on-vpn-deploy

But, i would recommend a Lan2Lan VPN.

To give an idea..

I have multiple remote locations, where everyone login in the main office.
No remote server, but, i have a 1 Gig  internet link..

I also recommend you to read :
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/folder-redirection/enable-always-offline

Greetz,

Louis