[Samba] Acl not working

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Nov 1 14:34:21 UTC 2020

On 01/11/2020 14:23, Philip Offermans wrote:
> True I have this not setup because I don’t know how it works. From my understanding the idmap config line’s are there to give Windows users, and groups an unix id. But all the documentation I find is about idmap with an DC.

I take it that you missed this:

Which leads to this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

Or this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid

Or this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_autorid

Without one of those, it will not work.

Use 'ad' if you have uidNumbers & gidNumbers in AD (these are not there
by default).

Use 'rid' if you do not have uidNumbers & gidNumbers in AD and have only
one domain.

Use 'autorid' if you do not have uidNumbers & gidNumbers in AD and have
multiple domains, in which, do not use 'winbind use default domain =
yes' in smb.conf.

Rowland