[Samba] Acl not working

Philip Offermans mail at philipoffermans.nl
Sun Nov 1 12:25:44 UTC 2020

Hi I have a share running on a domain member. My domain root user is linked to the domain Administrator (user map).
When I go on windows to the share as Administrator I can access it. Then I change the acl settings. I give domain users access to the share. For some reason the changes are not visible on the unix system getfacl returns:
root at dna:/data# getfacl /data/share/
# file: data/share/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::rwx
group:root:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:root:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

I can’t access the share as a domain user. I think it has something to do with winbind. Winbind is running btw.

Philip