[Samba] Cannot change NTACL for share from Windows

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Sun May 31 19:16:53 UTC 2020

On Sun, 31 May 2020 at 20:18, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> On 31/05/2020 17:55, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:
> > It's just what's there from a default Ubuntu (minimal) install... It
> > looks like snapd depends on it. Anyway, I don't need either here, so I
> > removed it entirely. The issue persists, though.
>
> Did you reboot ?
>
> You seem to have a smb.conf  very similar to mine and it works for me
> (not that saying that helps you) and the only difference at first glance
> appears to be that I have never used Apparmor.

Fair point about the reboot. Just did that, then logged out of Windows and
back in. The error remains, I get access denied when trying to change the
share permissions in any form, changing permissions of underlying folders
is not a problem though.

I've set up Samba 4.11 in an unprivileged container. At this point, I can
only assume that this might be the issue here, though I can't quite
understand why. Does anyone happen to have an explanation, is there maybe a
workaround? I know for a fact that it works with privileged containers,
having used several of these myself.

Viktor