[Samba] Cannot change NTACL for share from Windows

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 31 16:45:47 UTC 2020

On 31/05/2020 17:20, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:

>     Is 'SAMDOMAIN' actually 'HQ' ?
>

> Yes
I thought it was, if you are going to sanitise things, do it everywhere ;-)

>     Is Apparmor (or Selinux) running and denying access ?
>

> No Selinux present. As for Apparmor, it doesn't look like it.
>
>  ubuntu at fs1:/$ sudo apparmor_status
> apparmor module is loaded.

Yes it is, you need to find out if Apparmor is your problem (I think it
is) and how to fix it, if it is. I cannot help you, I always 'apt-get
purge apparmor'. The problem with Apparmor (and Selinux) is that you get
strange 'permission denied' errors and cannot find out why and then
spend hours trying to fix the problem, only to find the quickest fix is
to remove Apparmor. Don't get me wrong, Apparmor is a good idea, but
without something shouting at you "you cannot do that because of 'this',
you need to do 'this' to fix your problem", you have to be an Apparmor
expert to fix it.

Rowland

Rowland