[Samba] Failed to commit objects: DOS code 0x000021bf attempting to add DC to Zentyal 3.2 domain (samba 4.1.7)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 25 03:30:21 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-05-24 at 23:01 -0400, Rich Webb via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to join a new samba 4 server version 4.12.3 to an
> existing samba 4 domain running on Zentyal 3.2 (samba version
> 4.1.7).
>
> I'm getting the error in the subject line: Failed to commit objects:
> DOS code 0x000021bf

If you turn up the log level is there more information?  (eg -d4)?

But yes, Samba 4.1.7 is before we fixed a number of issues in the
replication protocol, and I'm not surprised you have issues.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org