[Samba] Failed to commit objects: DOS code 0x000021bf attempting to add DC to Zentyal 3.2 domain (samba 4.1.7)

Rich Webb rwebb at zylatech.com
Mon May 25 03:01:54 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm attempting to join a new samba 4 server version 4.12.3 to an existing samba 4 domain running on Zentyal 3.2 (samba version 4.1.7).

I'm getting the error in the subject line: Failed to commit objects: DOS code 0x000021bf

And the domain join fails. It looks like it's having some sort of problem with the replication stage but I'm not exactly sure what.

I'm basically trying to decommission this Zentyal box and get the Samba upgraded to something recent. Is it because the versions of Samba are so much different?

I guess if I need to I could build an interim box that I could use an older version of Samba to join and then incrementally upgrade it.. but I hope that's not necessary.

Thanks,
Rich