[Samba] Fwd: DHCP Updates to DNS - Multiple Entries with Same IP

Matt Savin matt at tegers.com
Thu May 21 20:04:22 UTC 2020

I think you can continue to use '128' (good for load balancing, otherwise
255 is fine). I had the same issue, following dhcpd.conf entries fixed it
(the last entry is important):

one-lease-per-client  true;
deny                          duplicates;
ignore-client-uids      true;

And it's not a bug, it's by design as is **REQUIRED** by the RFCs.

Best regards,
Matt