[Samba] DNS record for windows client missing?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue May 19 13:00:31 UTC 2020

To start

Run: cmd
type: ipconfig /all

Check ouput.

Does  DNS Suffix Search List.
and Primary Dns Suffix contain the AD-DC its primary domain?
Not, your DHCP needs adjusting.

Yes,
Via powershell : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/dnsclient/register-dnsclient?view=win10-ps
Or  enable "DNS Dynamic Update" via Group Policy.
Computer Config > Policies > Admin Template > Network > DNS Client > Register DNS records with connection-specific DNS Suffix and enable it."

I use last.

Greetz,

Louis