[Samba] Upgrade from 4.11.6 to 4.12.2 created authentication issues

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 17 21:17:43 UTC 2020

On 17/05/2020 21:54, James Atwell wrote:
> I assume it's trying to create a tmp krb5.conf because the user I'm
> logged into the domain member isn't a domain user? The tmp krb5.conf
> never gets created even if I run as sudo. etc/krb5.conf does exist
> though.

You are logging into a domain joined machine as a local user and then
wonder why you are having problems ?

Unless the user is root, there is a line like this in the smb.conf
'username map = /etc/samba/user.map' and the 'user.map' contains '!root
= DOMAIN\Administrator', where 'DOMAIN' is your netbios domain.

> I'm not tied to Ubuntu or Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04.

It should work on 16.04, try sorting the above problem out first.

Rowland