[Samba] Best practice multi-homed AD DC

Johannes Engel jcnengel at gmail.com
Sun May 17 18:30:06 UTC 2020

Dear all,

as I am currently planning a network with Samba AD DC I was wondering if
you can recommend any best practice for a multi-homed AD DC.
My current plan is to have one NIC for Samba services and a second one
dedicated to management functions (e.g. SSH) on a separate network
restricted to admin users.
In a testbed scenario I already discovered that once both adapters exist,
samba seems to automatically create A/ AAAA records in DNS for both
interfaces which does not seem useful to me in this context.
Hence my question: Do you have any best practice/ recommendation for or
against such a scenario?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards
Johannes