[Samba] rsync replication acl error

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue May 12 13:14:03 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 15:27, Rowland penny wrote:

> If you want my advice (for what it is worth), try jumping OS, Use the
> latest Debian (or Devuan) with ext4 for the filesystem, this is
> guaranteed to work. Using FreeBSD as a Samba AD DC has always been a
> problem because of the filesystem.

Not an option here.

> You may be able to get it working on ZFS, but I think you may get better
> help with this from the FreeBSD forum, unless someone else has the
> required incantation ;-)

I went to the FreeBSD forums and mailing list before here as I recognise that
this is very much a FreeBSD specific problem.  However, I considered the
possibility that maybe someone on the Samba team or in that community might
have some useful suggestions.  Thus my questions here.

Canada  L8E 3C3