[Samba] upgraded DC shows IDs instead of usernames

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 12 13:06:57 UTC 2020

On 12/05/2020 13:38, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> I didnt have problems also after the upgrades, with apparmor, because i have setup the correct thing for it.
> But i think its really anoying its installed even after i removed it.
> Its in my optionion just not needed, or, like Rowland and systemd.. ;-)
> thats me with AppArmor.. I HATE it. ;-) and especially when its "sudden" installed..
> That should never happen in my option only with "dist-upgrade"

It is not that I hate systemd, it is that I do not see the point in it
as is. If it had been just a replacement for sysvinit, then that would
probably have been okay, but like topsy, it has just grown and it seems
to be very badly written at that. It has 1246 open bugs with 4910 closed
bugs (and a lot of those are 'wont fix' even if they are valid bugs).

Something similar about Apparmor, it is a good idea in theory, but if it
isn't easy to configure, then people will not use it and I wouldn't
blame them.

Rowland