[Samba] Clients send tons of Notiftication requests

Luca Marceglia luca at pianetaluca.com
Tue May 12 12:22:33 UTC 2020

I have followed torch's help and I have changed the smb.conf.
Instead of notify change = no I have put

kernel notify change = no

After restarting samba, now all the Windows programs connect nicely.
File.app, instead, still behaves oddly:
I connect to the server and see all my folders; I click on one of them, and I see three folders, but after a second, the folders vanish and then after a second, the three folders appear again, and then they go away, and then they reappear, and so on. Time ago, this was working properly.

I also connected to the NAS with FileExolorer and everything was OK instead

Still I can't understand what's going on....