[Samba] upgraded DC shows IDs instead of usernames

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue May 12 09:56:59 UTC 2020

Am 12.05.20 um 11:49 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 12/05/2020 10:38, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
>> I think I did that years ago ;-)  ... but the links were missing again,
>> thanks for the reminder.
>>
>> Created them, and restarted samba-ad-dc.service but so far the output of
>> smbstatus still displays IDs:
> Try running 'net cache flush'

Did already.

>> btw:
>>
>> The wiki says "If you compiled Samba, add symbolic links from the
>> libnss_winbind library to the operating system's library path. For
>> details, see libnss_winbind Links. If you used packages to install
>> Samba, the link is usually created automatically."
>>
>> If I use Louis's repo ... the links aren't created ... ?
> They usually are, perhaps the libnss_winbind package wasn't updated ?

Solved: package libnss-winbind ("-", not "_") was *missing* (on both
DCs, btw)

thanks!

Info added: the upgrade somehow uninstalled samba again, same as back
with stretch -> buster.

So that seems to have removed that package as well and I didn't remember it.

Yes, I should write that down in ansible or so.