[Samba] upgraded DC shows IDs instead of usernames

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon May 11 15:11:40 UTC 2020

On 11/05/2020 15:56, Christopher Cox via samba wrote:
> Of course, this really isn't "the problem".  Nothing wrong with
> apparmor or selinux.  The problem is assuming a "one set of rules fits
> all" mentality.
>
> I actually like apparmor.  But maybe if people knew how to use it to
> make their own policies instead of accepting (note: In this case the
> "accept" is through the distribution's install) the assumptions of
> another...
>
> Granted, I don't want to go total "Lennart" (you don't have to use
> systemd, etc.), but felt it needed to be said anyhow.

I never said there is anything wrong with Apparmor, it is (like Selinux)
extremely hard to configure unless you are a rocket scientist. If they
want more people to use it, they need to come up with some way to
automatically configure it. If they don't, you are going to continue
reading things like 'first turn off Apparmor' in howto's.

Apparmor is great when it works, it is just getting it to work that is
the hard part ;-)

Rowland