[Samba] Fwd: Win7 clients problem after upgrading samba file server to 4.12 on Arch

pavlos pavlos.audiofreak at gmail.com
Sat May 9 16:33:48 UTC 2020

sob., 9 maj 2020 o 15:35 Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org> napisał(a):

> Am 5/9/20 um 3:32 PM schrieb Ralph Boehme via samba:
> > I have a WIP fix for master, can you give it a whirl?
>
> here it is.
>
> -slow

Ralph, good news!

Applying the patch into the original source code of the 'open.c' file
removes the observed misbehavior.
So yes, you've touched and addressed the root-cause of the problem
on my side. MANY THANKS!
Double checked that from two WIn7 stations - x86 and x64, also from my Arch
LInux working computer.

Anyone else observing this thread and interested in the solution - PLEASE
use the patch from Ralph, TEST IT and REPORT IT.

I think that's all from my side. Now simply waiting to make it
officially public in the v4-12-stable branch, so it appears as a regular
update in Arch repository of packages. maybe in 4.12.3 maintenance release?

---

Thanks to All the Samba Community for the fantastic product! Great product,
Great Team!
I am happy I could get in touch with you.

Regards,
Pawel (aka pavlos).