[Samba] Nodes in CTDB Cluster don't release recovery lock

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri May 8 03:25:50 UTC 2020

Hi Christian,

On Thu, 7 May 2020 11:57:35 -0700, Christian Kuntz via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the input. I opened up the firewall ports and testing
> connectivity by ctdb's ping to no avail.
>
> I did however fix the problem. I must have missed the section of the guide
> outlining the importance of the nodes file, but it seems the issue was that
> machine A's nodes file was in reverse order compared to B's. After
> rectifying that the cluster came up without issue, and the issue has been
> resolved.

That's excellent news!

I have updated the wiki page at

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Basic_CTDB_configuration

* I clarified important notes for the nodes file by adding a heading
  and breaking the relevant paragraph into dot points

* I added a "Troubleshooting" section mentioning firewall and
  differing identical nodes files as being common causes for nodes not
  connecting to each other

peace & happiness,
martin