[Samba] Nodes in CTDB Cluster don't release recovery lock

Christian Kuntz c.kuntz at opendrives.com
Wed May 6 20:16:36 UTC 2020

Hello all,

First of all, apologies if this isn't the right location for this question,
I couldn't find a CTDB specific mailing list or IRC so I figured the
general one would be appropriate. Please let me know if this question is
better placed elsewhere.

I'm trying to test clustered samba and have a two node CTDB setup
(Following the guide here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_and_Clustered_Samba) and I can't seem
to get the current setup in a totally healthy state. If there is no
recovery lock enabled, then the two nodes think they are healthy and the
other is dead, and if there is a recovery lock enabled, one node seizes it
and never releases it.

I'm running Debian Buster, with Lustre+ZFS as the clustered file system for
the recovery lock, and using upstream's Samba and CTDB. The lustre clients
are mounted with flock, and I've confirmed the lock is being held with
`lslock`.

Here is the debug information from the "healthy node" (the unhealthy one
just says it can't take the lock as it is under contention, so I thought it
would be of little use):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yzFdwGKfDAHiVbsj7pcOe-jX4KHpFO2U?usp=sharing

Best regards and thank you all for your time,
Christian

--
 <https://opendrives.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/OD-Anywhere.pdf>