[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.11.9 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue May 5 12:04:41 UTC 2020

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.11 release series.

Changes since 4.11.8
--------------------

o  Douglas Bagnall <douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz>
   * BUG 14242: nmblib: Avoid undefined behaviour in handle_name_ptrs().

o  Björn Baumbach <bb at sernet.de>
   * BUG 14296: 'samba-tool group' commands do not handle group names with
     special chars correctly.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 14237: smbd: avoid calling vfs_file_id_from_sbuf() if statinfo is not
     valid.
   * BUG 14293: Missing check for DMAPI offline status in async DOS attributes.
   * BUG 14307: smbd: Ignore set NTACL requests which contain S-1-5-88 NFS ACEs.
   * BUG 14316: vfs_recycle: Prevent flooding the log if we're called on
     non-existant paths.
   * BUG 14320: smbd mistakenly updates a file's write-time on close.

o  Alexander Bokovoy <ab at samba.org>
   * BUG 14359: RPC handles cannot be differentiated in source3 RPC server.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 14313: librpc: Fix IDL for svcctl_ChangeServiceConfigW.
   * BUG 14327: nsswitch: Fix use-after-free causing segfault in
     _pam_delete_cred.

o  Art M. Gallagher <repos at artmg.net>
   * BUG 13622: Fix fruit:time machine max size on arm.

o  Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14294: CTDB recovery corner cases can cause record resurrection and
     node banning.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
   * BUG 14348: ctdb: Fix a memleak.
   * libsmb: Don't try to find posix stat info in SMBC_getatr().

o  Noel Power <noel.power at suse.com>
   * BUG 14295: ctdb-tcp: Move free of inbound queue to TCP restart.
   * BUG 14344: s3/librpc/crypto: Fix double free with unresolved credential
     cache.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 14336: s3:libads: Fix ads_get_upn().

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 14294: CTDB recovery corner cases can cause record resurrection and
     node banning.
   * BUG 14295: Starting ctdb node that was powered off hard before results in
     recovery loop.
   * BUG 14324: ctdb-recoverd: Avoid dereferencing NULL rec->nodemap.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.11.9.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy