[Samba] Win7 clients problem after upgrading samba file server to 4.12 on Arch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 5 01:33:16 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-05-05 at 03:05 +0200, pavlos wrote:
> @Andrew
> Unfortunately I didn't make notes on exact time of errors when doing
> my tests...
>
> But, I've spend last couple of hours on building samba from master:
> Have made a clone of the virtual machine, with new name and network
> interface mac address, and a new dynamic IP assigned by my router.
> Uninstalled Arch packages: samba, smbclient and cifs-tools (depending
> on smbclient)
> As 'ala' downloaded
> https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-latest.tar.gz and unpacked
> it, obtaining 'samba-4.12.2' directory

Thanks.  This gives you Samba 4.12.2.  However our development branch,
master is newer.  Could you try that?

git clone https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/

That can be downloaded from
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/archive/master/samba-master.tar.bz2
but if you use git, then you can really help us with the bisect.

But the rest of your steps look good.

The next step, assuming master still fails, is to do a bisect.
http://webchick.net/node/99

You may need to run 'git clean -x -f -d' between steps.

This will be slow, particularly as you can't automate it (need test
with the client), but it is a very good way to find what the issue is.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/