[Samba] io_uring cause data corruption

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 1 16:45:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 05:07:17PM +0200, A L via samba wrote:

> On 2020-05-01 15:59, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> > On 01/05/2020 14:35, A L via samba wrote:
> > > True.. I just copied from another share. Would that have a impact on
> > > the current problem with io_uring?
> >
> > I do not know, I'll leave that up to Jeremy, but it has to be worth
> > trying without the lines.
> >
> > Rowland
> >
> I removed the unnecessary entries and also removed the btrfs vfs module.
> Also tested to move the file from the USB disk to an internal SSD disk, but
> unfortunately, the same corruptions still happen.
>
> ########
> [share_io_uring]
>     comment = USB Backup - Media files
>     path = /media/usb-backup
>     browseable = yes
>     read only = yes
>     guest only = Yes
>     guest ok = Yes
>     vfs objects =  io_uring
>
> [share_no_io_uring]
>     comment = USB Backup - Media files
>     path = /media/usb-backup
>     browseable = yes
>     read only = yes
>     guest only = Yes
>     guest ok = Yes
>     vfs objects =
> ########

OK, I'm going to try and reproduce with a Windows 10 client
against Samba master.

Can you give me the *exact* Windows command line you're
using to do the copy please, with the smallest set of
file generation/size I'd need to reproduce (i.e. if it
always happens with just one file I don't want to have
to creat 1000 100GB files :-).

Thanks !

Jeremy.