[Samba] Samba 4.12.2 is available for Debian Buster (amd64/i386/armhf)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri May 1 07:19:41 UTC 2020

Hai,

And Samba 4.12.2 is available for Debian Buster (amd64/i386/armhf) on my repo.

Info : https://apt.van-belle.nl

How to use it :

# Import my public key
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

# Enable the repo Debian Buster samba 4.12
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-samba412 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

And install as you normaly would do. Tip, upgrading these packages, use :
sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade --autoremove --purge

Withouth the --autoremove --purge the old and obsolete ldb packages aren't removed and will cause conflicts.
And without the dist-upgrade you might be missing the extra packages that needs to be installed for 4.12.x ( or any higher samba version )

This is mainly in transition from LDB1.X to LDB2.X. and due to my packages having spotlight enables in the builds, where Debian Offical does not have it.

Have fun with these.
.. next to come Raspbian 411 buster, this take bit longer due armhf building.

Questions, just ask.

Greetz,

Louis