[Samba] Samba 4.10 / CentOS 7

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Tue Mar 31 12:14:33 UTC 2020

Hi Henri,

For Samba 4.10, python3 is a pre-requisite. Please note than RHEL7.7+ (and
most likely Centos7.7+) do include python3 in their standard repos. Here's
what I see on my RHEL7 boxes:

# rpm -qa python3\*
python3-3.6.8-10.el7.i686
python3-rpm-generators-6-2.el7.noarch
python3-setuptools-39.2.0-10.el7.noarch
python3-rpm-macros-3-32.el7.noarch
python3-pip-9.0.3-7.el7_7.noarch
python3-libs-3.6.8-10.el7.i686
python3-3.6.8-10.el7.x86_64
python3-devel-3.6.8-10.el7.x86_64
python3-devel-3.6.8-10.el7.i686
python3-libs-3.6.8-10.el7.x86_64

Those came from the RHEL repos and Centos has them too:
https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/python3-3.6.8-10.el7.x86_64.rpm.html

I hope this helps,

Vincent