[Samba] Could not delete share entry

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Mar 31 09:57:42 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-31 11:38, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about those, they are just warnings that something is
> trying to delete something that it shouldn't or cannot. i.e something
> that has already been deleted or it doesn't have the permission to delete.

Well, I guess so :)
Any hint on what that "something" is?
What is a "share entry"?
I guess a client is not trying to delete some *file/directory* that was
already deleted? If so, I think this would be a symptom of a deeper problem.

> I 'think' this has come up before, but I cannot find it, but if I am
> remembering correctly, it was more of a client (MacOS ?) problem.

Yes, MacOS (which is the kind of client that is giving me 99% of the
problems I see lately).

  bye & Thanks
	av.