[Samba] Samba still DNS Exit Code 23

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 23 15:30:10 UTC 2020

On 23/03/2020 14:59, mauri via samba wrote:
> Meny thanks for our fast answer !
>
> root at AD:/source# cat /tmp/samba-debug-info.txt
> Collected config  --- 2020-03-23-15:57 -----------
>
> Hostname: AD
> DNS Domain: Caloro.m
> FQDN: AD.Caloro.m
> ipaddress: 192.168.1.7
>
> -----------
>
> Kerberos SRV _kerberos._tcp.Caloro.m record verified ok, sample output:
> Server:         192.168.1.9
> Address:        192.168.1.9#53
>
> _kerberos._tcp.caloro.m service = 0 0 88 AD.CALORO.M.

First problem, you do not use smbpasswd against a Samba AD DC.

Louis's script has a problem, if 'kinit' fails, then the rest of the
test script fails, try my version attached.

Just about all your post tells me, your /etc/resolv.conf is probably set
up incorrectly, it should be:

search Caloro.m
nameserver 192.168.1.7

Rowland