[Samba] new installation Samba AD - dnsupdate fail

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Mar 22 13:26:17 UTC 2020

On 22/03/2020 12:33, mauri via samba wrote:
> Hello together
>
> Installing a new Samba AD on me new installed Debian 10.
> Version 4.9.5-Debian
>
> But DNS_Update will by fail:
>
> [2020/03/22 13:26:02.266719,  0]
> ../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:327(samba_runcmd_io_handler)
>
>    /usr/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9711,
> 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_RECORD_ALREADY_EXISTS')

This appears to be more of an error with samba_dnsupdate than your AD ;-)

Python is raising an exception because the records already exist, it
should either remain silent or just print a message like 'Record exists'.

Can I suggest you upgrade your version of Samba, 4.9.x is EOL as far as
Samba is concerned, you can get later versions here:
http://apt.van-belle.nl/

There have been numerous updates since 4.9.5 and the fix for your
non-error may be one of them ;-)

Rowland