[Samba] Winbind not working - Not able to join Domain - Unable to initialize domain list

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 16 10:33:26 UTC 2020

On 16/03/2020 10:05, Sac Isilia wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Sorry typo. We are not using sssd. We are using winbind.

Okay, in which case, the join will always fail, your new machine is NOT
in the active directory dns domain.

You posted in your smb.conf:

password server = 10.19.26.136

 From your /etc/hosts:

10.19.59.58 emdc1ftpl03.dmz.local  emdc1ftpl03

and

10.19.26.136    azeuw1dcem01.emea.media.global.loc

dmz.local != emea.media.global.loc

Also if 'dmz' means this is a machine in a demilitarized zone, then you
will have to open that many ports in the dmz firewall that you would
render it virtually useless, but you would still have the wrong dns
domain problem.

There are various other problems, but they pale into insignificance with
your main problem.

Rowland

**