[Samba] Q: Samba AD, Pfsense, Windows 10, vpn

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Mar 16 07:10:51 UTC 2020

Am 15.03.20 um 10:46 schrieb Christian Naumer via samba:

>> Am 15.03.2020 um 08:21 schrieb Sérgio Basto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>:
>>
>> On Sat, 2020-03-14 at 07:43 -0700, gabben via samba wrote:
>>> Your pfSense firewall has OpenVPN built into it already, and you can
>>> point pfSense authentication back to your samba AD. We support over
>>> 400 users in this model. The configuration file for OpenVPN is common
>>> to all users, and they authenticate with their AD credentials.
>>
>> can you give some example of configuration file for OpenVPN ? and more
>> about howto ?
>
> Hello,
> We also use this. The Documentation is very good:
> https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/vpn/openvpn/index.html

I also have that running at a customer.

Now with the new corona issues in austria I have to set that up for at
least 2 other sites as well ...

Unfortunately the pfsense GUI isn't very intuitive or helpful with
connecting to AD:

"Could not connect to the LDAP server" means everything from DNS to
wrong user to missing client cert etc