[Samba] Fwd: Replace completely an AD PKI authentication with Samba ?

samba-th at pfoertner-net.de samba-th at pfoertner-net.de
Sun Mar 15 14:00:53 UTC 2020

sorry, had a typo in my specific sender address used for the list...

Hi Lionel,

I had been searching for a decent docker image myself a few month ago.
I found lots for a file server, standalone and AD member, a few for a DC
and less than a handfull with a minimum of documentation.

The one I started to work with was this one nowsci/samba-domain
(https://hub.docker.com/r/nowsci/samba-domain)

It was extremely helpful and shoudl be a good starting point fopr you.
However I found a few things not working for me. So I built my own image
based on it.

One thing that forced me to take some detour was the need to separate DC
and FS as I wanted to have POSIX rights management which lead to
clashing ports on the host. The approach taken in nowsci/samba-domain
did not work for me. I ended up in different images for both.
practically mainly init files difffer and could be recombined.

I went for a dedicated docker network with individual IP adresses
separate from that on the host.

I did not plan to publish my stuff as  I do not have much time to follow
up on comments and doing documentation. However I'd be more than happy
to share dockerfile, init script and docker-compose file if you are
interested.

Regards
Thomas

--
*Thomas Pförtner, Dipl.-Ing. Univ., PMP*
Wallbergstraße 2 · 85635 Höhenkirchen-Siegertsbrunn · Germany