[Samba] "net time" cannot connect to Windows 10 Pro computer

Chris Rodgers ctr28 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 10:49:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a script that uses /usr/bin/net time -S hostmachine to sync time
with a host computer. I recently upgraded the host computer from Win 7
to Win 10 x64 Pro (latest patches). I'm using samba as supplied in
Ubuntu 18LTS.

I've noticed that now /usr/bin/net time -S hostmachine is returning

> Protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

I've tried editing /etc/samba/smb.conf to add "client min protocol=SMB3"
but that doesn't seem to help.

Can anyone suggest what I should do to fix this?

Best wishes,

Chris.