[Samba] Restore a second AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 10 10:46:51 UTC 2020

On 10/03/2020 10:35, Hénoch Hervé via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've two Samba 4 AD. I must restore (from veeam) the AD without fsmo. Th
> AD with fsmo is still running.
>
> How I can do this ? It seems that it has a problem of authoritative or
> not ...
>
> Any help will be appreciate ...
>
> Regard

Simple answer, do not restore a DC from a backup if another DC is running.

If you must restore a domain from a backup, only use the Samba provided
tools (note 'domain' and not 'DC').

Demote your dead DC on the running DC. Repair or replace your dead DC,
remove the smb.conf and any .tdb and .ldb files from /var/lib/samba (or
wherever samba is), then rejoin as a new DC.

Rowland