[Samba] Samba4 join xp problems

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 6 21:11:54 UTC 2020

On 06/03/2020 20:34, Eduardo Miranda Hidalgo via samba wrote:
> Samba4 no longer supports clients with windows xp, because I have updated the samba to version 4.11.6 and workstations with xp are no longer allowed to join, it gives an error that there are many remote connections that can be made , it does so for both domain controllers and file servers with that version of samba

This is possibly being caused by NTLMv1 now being turned off by default
and/or 'server min protocol' & 'client min protocol' now being set to
SMB2 by default.

Having said that, you really shouldn't be using XP any more, it is
insecure and EOL, the only really reason I can think for using it would
be if some high value machine is controlled by it and XP cannot be
replaced by a later version.

Rowland