[Samba] start/stop ctdb

Anoop C S anoopcs at cryptolab.net
Tue Mar 3 08:18:24 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-03-03 at 08:36 +0100, Micha Ballmann via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i configured a running three node CTDB SAMBA cluster (hope so).
> Virtual
> ip's are floating between the nodes after faling one of them. Im
> using
> SAMBA 4.11.6 on Ubuntu 18.04. Samba was compiled from source. I
> configured some systemD start/stop scripts for samba (smbd, nmbd)
> and
> winbind, also disabled them for manage via ctdb.
>
> I enabled ctdb to mange samba and winbind via this description:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_clustered_Samba
>
> Now i can start/stop CTDB , SAMBA and winbind by using:
>
> # ctdbd_wrapper start/stop
>
> Now im trying to find a systemD script for CTDB . Is there
> somewherea
> template script flying through the internet? I installed CTDB on a
> other
> maschine by repo and tried to copy the start/stop script but this
> distribution provides only SysVinit script.
>
> Maybe you can hep here:
>
> ----
>
> [Unit]
> Description=CTDB
> After=network.target remote-fs.target nss-lookup.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStart=???
> PIDFile=???
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> ----
>
> My CTDB is installed in: /usr/local/samba

> /usr/local/samba/sbin/ctdbd_wrapper
> /usr/local/samba/var/run/ctdb

We do have a general standard systemd service file in our sources
itself. Please see the following link(for tag samba-4.11.6):

https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=ctdb/config/ctdb.service;h=fd81c38e26daff89c3e220f19ea5df5f4c110278;hb=f5fa58a41774667a153dece74ed7e4a09689f0ad

You may have to update some variables like PIDFile, ExecStart, ExecStop
accordingly to point to non-standard installation paths.