[Samba] User names not replicating to secondary DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Mar 3 08:13:19 UTC 2020

Hai,

In addition to Rowland findings.

> > OK, dc0 seems to have the ipaddress: 172.23.93.25
> >
> >         dc1 seems to have the ipaddress: 172.23.93.26
>
> Yes
>

> Now, for something interesting.  If I create a user on dc1,
> it shows up
> right away on dc0.  If I create user on dc0, it does *not* show up at
> all on dc1.

Change rResolv.conf both servers.
DC0 :
nameserver 172.23.93.25
nameserver 172.23.93.26
search msi.mydomain.com

DC1
nameserver 172.23.93.26
nameserver 172.23.93.25
search msi.mydomain.com

On DC1 # Generated by NetworkManager  <<
Disable or remove or configure networkmanager correctly.
I preffer removed it.

Then now the config is "almost" good we can look at that part.

In bind global options.

Add:
auth-nxdomain yes;    # the Samba AD-DC is the Authoritive Server of the domain.

After these changes reboot both DC's.

Then it should be fixed.

Greetz,

Louis