[Samba] Unable to get primary group information when using AD authentication with samba-4.10.4

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 3 07:49:21 UTC 2020

On 03/03/2020 02:47, Goto, Ryoichi wrote:
> Users who run 'wbinfo -a USERNAME% PASSWORD' will get the expected results even after rebooting the machine.
> Being the user who ran 'wbinfo -a' and where will the resulting information be stored?

I don't really see why a user needs to run 'wbinfo -a' in the first place ?

There were changes made to winbind that made it so users couldn't get a
reliable list of groups for another user, but a user will always get a
reliable list of their groups from AD. A user running 'wbinfo -a
another_user' is basically logging in as that user.

Rowland