[Samba] Samba slow AD authentication eventually succeed

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 2 09:27:07 UTC 2020

On 02/03/2020 08:08, Andrea Cucciarre' via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a customer that complains about slow AD authentication when
> accessing the share, eventually succeed (Samba is a DC memer)

You have a couple of things that could slow things down:

winbind enum groups = yes
winbind enum users = yes

and

winbind expand groups = 4

You also have default lines and lines that will do nothing on Unix
domain member using the 'rid' backend, try this smb.conf:

[global]
netbios name = H002N7
workgroup = PFIN
realm = PFIN.ch
security = ads
server string = Data %h
kerberos method = secrets and keytab

client ldap sasl wrapping = plain
host msdfs = no
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 30000-40000
idmap config PFIN : backend = rid
idmap config PFIN : range = 1000000-3000000
idmap config POST : backend = rid
idmap config POST : range = 3000001-5000000

load printers = no
disable spoolss = yes
local master = no
preferred master = no