[Samba] Active Directory List Object Mode

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 26 09:07:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to hide objects in Samba AD 4.12.3 for certain users.
I found several tutorials, they all mention "List Object Mode" as an
option. Is this supposed to work with Samba AD? I was able to enable it,
but it doesn't seem to have any effect when I follow the recipes for
hiding objects.

When using the other option (deny "List contents") I had the problem
that objects in child OUs where still visible in subtree searches.

I'm new to AD, maybe it's my fault, but I would be glad for some advice.

thanks
Matthias