[Samba] Question regarding Recycle

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:08:23 UTC 2020

Hi
Samba 4.12 on Ubuntu 20.04
Windows 10 and 7 clients

I have configured recycle on two shares, /Users and /Documents.

vfs objects = recycle
recycle:versions = yes
recycle:keeptree = yes

On the Users share I have
recycle:repository = /share/data

On the Documents share I have
recycle:repository = .Papperskorg (recycle bin in Swedish)

The Document share recycle works. Folder was created and the test
files occured in that folder. However, for the Users share, no folder
is created. I guess I have a syntax problem, maybe I should specify
something like "= /share/data/%U" to enable per-user bins? Can't find
any good examples to guide me.

Grateful for all help, I. now have roaming folders and folder
redirection working thanks to the great wiki pages!

Anders Östling
+46 768 716 165 (Mobil)
+46 431 45 56 01  (Hem)