[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Robert E. Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Mon Jun 22 13:16:34 UTC 2020

On 6/22/2020 7:50 AM, Enrico Morelli via samba wrote:

> All seems to be hard. Now I'm able to see security tab, but when I
> select it the application crash.

I could be wrong but, I had a similar experience, rather sporadic
denials, W10 programs simply flashing and going away as quickly as they
pop up. When I corrected the reverse dns for the workstation, these
"odd" denials stopped and the (W10) request for admin permissions "pops"
up properly.

admin@[hostname]:~$ nslookup [hostname]
Name:   [your FQDN]
Address: 192.168.16.54
admin@[hostname]:~$ nslookup 192.168.xxx.54
54.xxx.168.192.in-addr.arpa      name =  [your FQDN]

Both of these "nslookup's" should work for your workstation ip address
and hostname.

Perhaps this is your issue? (Maybe not?)

--

Bob Wooden