[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Mon Jun 22 10:02:28 UTC 2020

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 09:04:55 +0100
Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 22/06/2020 08:37, Enrico Morelli wrote:
> > Can you help me again this? Thanks
> >
> > Thanks, I don't understand well the "Granting the
> > SeDiskOperatorPrivilege Privilege" section.
> >
> > Where and how can I create the "Unix Admins" (as in the command
> > below) group and how can add members to this group?
>
> You create the 'Unix Admins' group in the same way as you would
> create any other AD group, you can use ADUC, samba-tool, LAM, ADMan,
> etc. You must give the new group a gidNumber and make it a member of
> 'Domain Admins', you then add users to the new group.
>
> Rowland

I did:

# samba-tool group add "Unix Admins" --gid-number=12345
--nis-domain=cerm

# net rpc rights grant "CERM\Unix Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U
"CERM\administrator"

# samba-tool user create morelli
--home-directory=/home/win_shares/homes/morelli   --gid-number=12345

Next I followed the instructions to Setting Share Permissions and ACLs.
I did login as morelli,  but in the /home/win_shares/homes share
properties I haven't the Security tab.

So I tried:

samba-tool group addmembers Administrators "Unix Admins"
samba-tool group addmembers "Unix Admins" morelli

But again, after logout/login as morelli, I'm unable to see Security
tab.

Where am I wrong?

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY