[Samba] Add gidNumber for group

Robert E. Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Fri Jun 19 19:44:30 UTC 2020

> You will probably not have any uidNumbers yet either, but if you have
> added any users, 'samba-tool user' has a similar option to the group
> one. If you haven't added any users, see 'samba-tool user create
> --help' for more info.
>
> Rowland

No, I have not added any groups as yet but, I did add four users via RSAT.

Now:

root at dc01:~# samba-tool group addunixattrs "Domain Users" 10000
Usage: samba-tool group <subcommand>
Group management.
   -h, --help  show this help message and exit
Available subcommands:
   add            - Creates a new AD group.
   addmembers     - Add members to an AD group.
   delete         - Deletes an AD group.
   list           - List all groups.
   listmembers    - List all members of an AD group.
   move           - Move a group to an organizational unit/container.
   removemembers  - Remove members from an AD group.
   show           - Display a group AD object.
For more help on a specific subcommand, please type: samba-tool group
<subcommand> (-h|--help)
root at dc01:~# samba-tool group list
Server Operators
Distributed COM Users
IIS_IUSRS
Group Policy Creator Owners
Domain Computers
Print Operators
Cert Publishers
DnsAdmins
Incoming Forest Trust Builders
Guests
Event Log Readers
Backup Operators
Replicator
Domain Admins
Cryptographic Operators
Windows Authorization Access Group
Terminal Server License Servers
RAS and IAS Servers
Network Configuration Operators
Allowed RODC Password Replication Group
Remote Desktop Users
Denied RODC Password Replication Group
Enterprise Read-only Domain Controllers
Performance Log Users
Read-only Domain Controllers
Enterprise Admins
Users
Account Operators
Performance Monitor Users
Domain Guests
Domain Users
Schema Admins
Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access
DnsUpdateProxy
Certificate Service DCOM Access
Domain Controllers
Administrators

I do not see any "addunixattrs" group?

Therefore, I do not understand how that string will do anything? (But, I
am the novice.)

--

Bob Wooden