[Samba] SAMBA using existing users and passwords on Linux

Fernando Gonçalves fernandolmg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:08:31 UTC 2020

Hello Rowland. Thanks for answering.

The linux server is already in the AD domain and resolving Ad users as
normal.

To map the linux server share using AD users I use the following command:

net use \\linuxserver\share /U:AD_user

and it works perfectly.

But I would like to use the same command for users who are in /etc/passwd,
like this:

net use \\linuxserver\share /U:linuxserver_user

and so it doesn't work, it gives an invalid user error.

To work with users who are in /etc/passwd I have to use the following
command:

net use \\linuxserver\share /U:linuxserver\linuxserver_user

In short, I wanted to map the share using Linux users (who are in
/etc/passwd) without having to specify the name of the Linux server.
Is there a way to do this?

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>