[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Fri Jun 19 07:28:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:29:43 +0100
Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 18/06/2020 15:57, Enrico Morelli via samba wrote:
> > Now I'm trying to implement a new AD DC server on a debian 10.
> > I'm able to join a windows 10 pc into the domain, but I don't
> > understand how to create users, home directories and profiles.
> > I navigated in the Wiki but the information are too fragmented so I
> > don't understand what I've to do.
>
> You need a profile share (at least), see here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles
>
> For the users home directory, see here:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders
>
> Any questions, please ask ;-)
>
> Rowland

Thanks, I don't understand well the "Granting the
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege Privilege" section.

Where and how can I create the "Unix Admins" (as in the command
below) group and how can add members to this group?

net rpc rights grant "SAMDOM\Unix Admins"
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U "SAMDOM\administrator"

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY