[Samba] Samba and PTR register

Miguel Angel Coa M. miguelcoam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:21:10 UTC 2020

Hi,
I've Samba AD 4.11.9 and i had the PTR record only /24 network. But now
setting the new PTR record with /8 . The new machines auto-created the
register on login to domain (works fine).  but my question ¿Howto
add/create the they were already working in AD not manually? ¿is possible?

[......................]
  pszZoneName                 : 10.in-addr.arpa
  Flags                       : DNS_RPC_ZONE_DSINTEGRATED
DNS_RPC_ZONE_UPDATE_SECURE
  ZoneType                    : DNS_ZONE_TYPE_PRIMARY
  Version                     : 50
  dwDpFlags                   : DNS_DP_AUTOCREATED DNS_DP_DOMAIN_DEFAULT
DNS_DP_ENLISTED
  pszDpFqdn                   : DomainDnsZones.domain.com

Thanks