[Samba] Config error detected

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 16:40:33 UTC 2020

Skickat från min iPhone

> 18 juni 2020 kl. 18:09 skrev Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>:
>
> On 18/06/2020 16:40, Anders Östling wrote:
>> Yep, they got 10xxx numbers, checked with wbinfo --user-info and --group-info
>>
>> Do you recommend me to change back to the faulty name or should I just
>> leave it corrected? What impact would it have to change the parameter
>> after domain join?
> If your users hadn't logged in, it wouldn't  have much impact, though you would probably have to restart Samba. To put it another way, if there were no files or directories belonging to normal users or groups before the change, you shouldn't have any problems.

Well in my case, several users have logged in, roaming profiles are created and a boatload of files are migrated from an old Windows server.
Still, no obvious issues detected. Maybe it will come back and haunt me later?
What if I just leave and re-join the domain leaving all files as they are? I’m using Windows ACL for all files/shares.