[Samba] Config error detected

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:14:20 UTC 2020

Hi all
I have setup a Samba server for a client, and most things work fine
(except a strange problem with some clients and SMB1). However, when I
created the virtual server before migrating it to the client, I
obviously forgot to change a parameter.

[global]
netbios name = CLIENTNETBIOSNAME
realm = CLIENTNETBIOSNAME.SE
workgroup = CLIENTNETBIOSNAME
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
idmap config TEST : backend = rid
idmap config TEST : range = 30000-40000

As you can see, I forgot to change the "idmap config" from
TEST::backend/rid to CLIENTNETBIOSNAME. AFAIK it still works, so my
question is how this would affect the server operation. Do I need to
leave and rejoin the domain, or should I just leave it as it is? I
have changed the parameter and restarted Samba without noticing any
erratic behavior.

Anders
This signature contains 100% recyclable electrons as prescribed by Mother Nature

Anders Östling
+46 768 716 165 (Mobil)
+46 431 45 56 01  (Hem)